Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hunger and child mortality by Diamond Thompson

I will agque that stories about the child mortality should be in the head lines of the world news. I say this because I think that people should know about these stories just like they know about people being killed, and others killing someone else. Maybe if people hear about these stories they would be willing to help stop these problems from happening.
I feel that putting these stories out in the open would get more people help the countries phural that are really in need of out help. The hunger and mortality article said the children die quickly in small villages. I wanted to address this quote, because we think because those kids do not live here we can’t help them or don’t have to listen to their stories. I say just think if you and your family was in something like this; you would want someone to listen or even help you.
We see everything that happens in our country. We always try to fix them problems but never think what could be happening in the country right next to us. I think we should have a 15 min segment on the news telling us things that happen in other countries and ways we could help. This could help us to stop always thinking about our selves, and think about someone else for a change. If you go back to the article it says that we give all the news stuff to the wealthy and not the real problems, and I agree with that.
One way that I think we could do as the USA to help; is by taking 1 dollar out of everyones check. then once out the month, they give the money to different countries that need it for a good reason. This is on the news for about a month so people would know where there money is going. If you go back to the article it says the question is do people want to listen. I think by doing this it could get people to listen to the stories and make a difference in other people’s lives.
So I think that we should have these stories on the news every single day. In closing no one should have to die because we want to send money on things we don’t even need. Things like 3 or 4 cars, or buying a new outfit every day or going out to eat every week. So what I am trying to say, is have a heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment